A home or building cannot fail an inspection. A professional inspection gives you an independent, unbiased view of any problems and their solutions, so that you will have all the facts you need to make a sound, informed decision.
Depending on the size and condition of the property, a thorough inspection will take no more than four hours, usually between an hour and a half and three hours. Ideally, you will accompany your inspector during the consultation, so that you will have visual reinforcement of your written report.
We take our inspection reports seriously. Every inspection is a complete and thorough analysis of all the major systems and components in the home. The report includes a clear description of what we've found with any problem areas noted, so you can easily identify them. Our inspectors also provide a free telephone consultation after your inspection.
A thorough property inspection will include the following:
- Roof (shingles, flashing, chimneys, vents, trim and gutters, drip edges, skylights, downspouts, and other visible roof related items)
- Attics (insulation, ventilation, rafters, joists and collar ties, trusses, wiring attachments, and other visible related items)
- Plumbing and Fixtures ( water pressure, water distribution system, hose bibs, sinks and faucets, bath/showers and toilets, sanitary system, and other plumbing system components)
- Interior (floor and ceilings, walls, stairs (if applicable) and banisters, finishes, sinks, cabinets, shelving, built-in appliances, smoke detectors and safety-related items, and other visible interior-related components)
- Heating and Cooling Systems (furnace, air cleaning parts, ductwork, electronic carbon monoxide testing, electric gas sniffer testing, air conditioner and line, and other visible related HVAC components)
- Electrical Systems (service entry and clearances, service panel, switches and outlets, visible wiring and junction boxes, grounding system, and other related electrical components)
- Basements, Crawl Spaces, and Foundation (insulation, ventilation, posts, vapor barriers, utility attachment, structural items, floors and walls, and columns)
- Exterior (siding materials, attachments, windows, doors, sashes and lintels, vents, entryways, and other visible exterior related components)
- Decks and Porches
- Overall Structure
- Note: We also inspect horse and rural properties
Now Offering Warranty Services